Friday, July 13, 2007

One Week and Counting...


Since my departure day is now one week away, I figured it was a good time to do a quick self-analysis.
Emotionally:
I feel ready. The most ready I've been - no "cold feet" lately, which is good. The kids have been thoroughly prepped as well, and they are supportive and oh-so-cute about the whole thing. George is a Superman - cheering me on every step of the way. I just keep saying, how did I get to be this lucky? Why is God blessing me, I'm not doing anything extraordinary? But I am starting to realize that God doesn't ration out blessings according to our performance. He is truly gracious. That has been my word lately - gracious. I am striving to be just that, which is not my strong point, not even close. But through God all things are possible! :0)

Financially:
Hard to believe, but as usual we have just enough. I stress a lot about money, especially since I'm in school and instead of making money I'm spending it!! But all the bases are covered, and it is such a relief not to have to worry about it in the midst of everything.

Practical issues:
I have been cleaning my house like a mad woman. Today I purged Abby's room of all unnecessary books, toys, and clothes. Her little buddy Mikaela will get some of them, and the thrift store gets the rest. I also scrubbed the bathrooms down and I'm doing all the laundry. I guess it's one of my contributions to George, that he will at least be left with a clean house. How long it remains clean.... well, that's up to him :0)

School stuff:
The paper has been extraordinarily hard to write. I'm not sure why, but I have to literally force myself to work on it. I am about 3/4 done with the whole process, and I have given myself a deadline of Sunday to have it finished.

Physically:
Although I have been working out like I never have before, I don't feel happy with the results. I am in better shape and have more stamina, which will be good for all the walking, but I've hardly lost any weight. George and I have a joke - we both know what we need to do - and we laugh about it. "But changing our diet is so hard!!!" So, I will just stay consistent, knowing that I am eating healthy and working out, taking care of what God gave me. The rest is just kinda what society and billboards tell us is "ideal".

Europe, here I come!! Watch out!!

1 comment:

DalkullanJewelry said...

I am so excited about the trip. I hope you had a wonderful flight and are having ten tons of fun in Oxford.
See you in a couple weeks!